What is TPD?
TPD or the Tobacco Products Directive is European government legislation that regulates and overseas the electronic cigarette market. TPD legislation instructs e-liquid and electronic cigarette manufacturers as to what they can and can't do in order to legally sell it's products in the UK and Europe. As this is the case, JuiceShop will be undergoing some changes in order to adhere to the new TPD regulations.
What will change?
For the most part, not much will change, with the biggest impact effecting our selection of e-liquids. The main changes that will be happening continent wide are:
- Maximum E-liquid bottle sizes will be 10ml from the 20th of May 2017
- Maximum E-liquid strength will be 20mg from the 20th of May 2017
- All E-liquids available for sale must be TPD approved from the 20th of May 2017
- Electronic Cigarette stockists must not sell Atomizers/Tanks/Clearomizers with a capacity greater than 2ml from the 20th of May 2017
How will this effect the JuiceShop
As mentioned above, the biggest impact that the TPD will have on the JuiceShop will be to our own range of E-liquids. We will be removing our current e-liquid line and bringing in a new range of TPD ready JuiceShop e-liqudis with an expected range of about 15-20 different flavours. The only 3 original JuiceShop flavours to remain will be Black Honey, Strapple and WizzJizz. This may a bit of a shock to some of our customers but we will be bringing back our most popular flavours one by one.
We know that this is going to impact those who love certain JuiceShop flavours, but we assure you that in time, your flavour will return! In the mean time...
- We will be offering 250ml bottles for those of you who wish to stock up before TPD comes into effect.
- We have already started introducing a number of top e-liquid brands available for purchase in store and online.
If you have any concerns of queries regarding TPD, give us a call on 020 8350 0887 or email us at email@example.com